WE ARE A CERTIFIED B CORPORATION®!
We are proudly the first and only:
- yoga studio in the world
- yoga mat company in Australia
- and business on the Gold Coast
to be a Certified B Corporation®.
This is a huge achievement and honour for Sahaja Yoga Mats. We have embedded giving and doing business for good into our operational plan from day one, and are proud to stand alongside other incredible businesses doing their part to make the world a better place for all.
Our intention is to continue to give always, locally and within domestic communities here in Australia as well as abroad. We’re formally committed to donate the equivalent of 2% of profit of more to charitable partners each year (excluding in kind product donations) We will continue to commit to positive environmental impact by reducing our waste, conserve our environment and commit to supporting local charities that support Alleviating others within our community and to serve at least 75% local and independent clients or customers. Come and join us to reach our goals as B Corp and light up lives.
ABOUT B CORPS™
Certified B Corporations® (B Corps™) are for-profit companies that use the power of business to build a more inclusive and sustainable economy.
They meet the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. As of 2018, there are more than 2,500 B Corps in 130 industries and 60 countries around the world.
SOME FACTS ABOUT B CORPS™:
- There are over 2,500 Certified B Corporations from more than 130 industries and 60 countries with 1 unifying goal: to redefine success in business.
- B Corps are leaders of a global movement of people using business as a force for good™.
- The Certification process uses credible, comprehensive, transparent, and independent standards of social and environmental performance.
- The B Corp assessment process measures a company’s performance in five categories: governance, workers, customers, community, and the environment.
- Certified B Corporations amend their governance so that, by law, they can make decisions and implement practices that consider not just shareholder value, but the impact on all stakeholders — employees, customers, society, and the environment.*
- The B Corp community works toward reduced inequality, lower levels of poverty, a healthier environment, stronger communities, and the creation of high-quality jobs with dignity and purpose.
- B Corp Certification is a highly selective status. Companies must document their positive impact to qualify and undergo verification every three years to maintain their Certification.
- Certified B Corporations range from multinational corporations [Natura] to wholly owned subsidiaries [Seventh Generation] to small businesses [Harvest Market] serving local communities.
- The B Impact Assessment takes into account the size, industry, and location of each business. This makes our assessment of overall impact as accurate as possible.
- It is one of the only certifications that is not for a product or service, but for the whole business behind the product or service.
- B Corporation Certification helps consumers identify companies with a mission, and helps investors select investments that align with their values.
THE B CORP™ DECLARATION OF INTERDEPENDENCE:
We envision a global economy that uses business as a force for good.
This economy is comprised of a new type of corporation—the B Corporation—which is purpose-driven and creates benefit for all stakeholders, not just shareholders.
As B Corporations and leaders of this emerging economy, we believe:
- That we must be the change we seek in the world.
- That all business ought to be conducted as if people and place mattered.
- That, through their products, practices, and profits, businesses should aspire to do no harm, and benefit all.
- To do so requires that we act with the understanding that we are dependent upon another and thus responsible for each other and future generations.
You can read more about Certified B Corporations® here.